Effective Date: 01.06.2020
- Beafon Home Application
For other branded mobile applications supported by Beafon, our clients control all personal data collected through our products. We collect the information under the direction of our clients and the processing of such information should be limited to the purpose of providing the service our clients have asked us to provide. If you are a customer of one of our clients and no longer want to be contacted by one of our clients using our service, please contact the client with whom you are interacting directly.
What personal data we collect
In order to be able to provide you with our services, we will ask you to submit the personal data required for the provision of these services. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
- Information that you voluntarily provide to us
- Account or profile data: When you register an account with us, we may collect your contact details, such as your email address, telephone number and user name. When you interact with our products, we may also collect your nickname, profile picture, country code, language preference or time zone in your account.
- Feedback: When using the feedback and recommendation functions for our products, we will collect your e-mail address, your mobile phone number and the content of your feedback in order to deal with your problems and to resolve device defects in a timely manner.
- Information We Collect Automatically
- Device information: When you interact with our product, we automatically collect device information, such as the MAC address of your devices, IP address, information about the WLAN connection, type and version of the operating system, version number of the application, push notification identifier, Log files and information about the mobile network.
- Usage data: When you interact with our sites and services, we automatically collect usage data relating to visits, clicks, downloads, messages sent / received and other use of our sites and services.
- Log data: If you use our app, the system and exception logs could be uploaded.
- Location information: We can collect information about your precise or approximate geo-location in real time when you use our specific products or services such as camera or doorbell.
- Intelligent device information:
- Basic information from smart devices: When you connect your smart devices to our products or services, we may collect basic information about your smart devices such as device name, device ID, online status, activation time, firmware version and update information.
- Information reported by smart devices: Depending on the different smart devices that you use to connect to our products or services, we may collect different information that is transmitted by your smart devices.
Purposes and legal basis for processing personal data
The purpose why we might process information about you is as follows:
- Provision of services: We process your account and profile data, device information, usage data, location information and information in connection with smart devices in order to provide you with our products and services that you have requested or purchased. The legal basis for this processing is ours contract to meet with you according to our terms and conditions.
- Improving our services: We process your device information, usage data, location information and information in connection with intelligent devices to ensure the functionality and safety of our products, to develop and improve our products and services, to analyze the effectiveness of our activities and to conduct fraudulent activities and to avoid and prosecute improper use. The legal basis for this processing is ours contract to meet with you according to our terms and conditions.
- Non-commercial communication: We process your personal data in order to send you information about the services, changes to our terms and conditions and policies and / or other administrative information. Because this information could be important, you cannot opt out of receiving such communications. The legal basis for this processing is ours contract to meet with you according to our terms and conditions.
- Marketing communications: We may process your personal data in order to provide you with marketing and promotional materials about our products and services. When we do this, any communications we send you will contain certain instructions that will enable you to opt out of receiving future communications of this type. The legal basis for this processing is yours consent. Furthermore, if you agree to participate in our lottery, competition or other promotions, we may use your personal data to administer such activities.
- Personalization: We could use your account and profile data, user data, device information to personalize the product design and offer you tailored services, as well as recommend and display information and advertisements about products that are suitable for you and to invite them to Participate in surveys related to the use of our products. The legal basis for this processing is yours consent.
- Legal compliance: We may process your personal data if we deem it necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal obligations; (c) to respond to inquiries from the public and government agencies; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, businesses and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and / or that of other users, including you; and (g) enable us to seek possible solutions or limit any damage.
Who do we share personal data with?
At Beafon, we only pass on personal data in a manner that has been made known to you. We could pass on your personal data to the following recipients:
- Our third-party service companies who perform certain business-related functions for us, including website hosting, data analysis, payment and credit card processing, provision of infrastructure, IT services, customer service, e-mail delivery services and other similar services, so that they can provide services to us can.
- To our customers and other business partners who provide you, directly or indirectly, with intelligent devices and / or networks and systems through which you access our sites and services.
- To any subsidiary or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of any part or all of our business, assets or shares (including, but not limited to, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding ). In such a case, you will be informed by email and / or a clear message on our website about a change of ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal data and the options you have with regard to your personal data.
- If we consider it necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable rights and regulations; (b) to comply with legal obligations; (c) to respond to inquiries from the public and government agencies, including the public and government agencies outside of your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, businesses and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and / or that of other users, including yours; and (g) enable us to find possible solutions or limit any damage.
- The subsidiaries or associated companies within our group of companies to conduct regular business activities.
- Except for the third parties mentioned above, to third parties only with your consent.
International Transfer of Collected Information
In order to facilitate our work processes, we can transfer, save and process your personal data in countries other than the one in which you live. The laws in these countries may differ from the laws in your country of residence.
Your rights regarding your personal data
We respect your rights and control your personal data. You can exercise all of the following rights:
Via the "Profile - Personal Center" on our products
You don't have to pay a fee and we will try to respond within 30 days. If you send us an email, please explain in your request which information should be changed, whether you would like to delete your personal data from our database or what restrictions you would like to set for the use of your personal data. Please note that, for security reasons, we may ask you to verify your identity before we take any further action on your request.
- Request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Request that we correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you;
- Request deletion of personal data about you;
- Request temporary or permanent restrictions on the processing of some or all of your personal data;
- Request a transfer of personal data to you or a third party, where we process the data based on your consent or a contract with you and where the processing is automated; and
- Reject or object to our use of personal data about you, provided that our use is based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
We use commercially reasonable physical, administrative and technical security measures to protect the integrity and security of your personal data. Tuye offers various security strategies to effectively ensure user and device data security. As for device access, Beafon proprietary algorithms are used to ensure data isolation, access authentication, request for approval. As for data communication, communication with security algorithms and transmission encryption protocols and information encryption transmission on a commercial level based on dynamic keys are supported. As far as data processing is concerned, strict data filtering and validation and full data verification are used. As for data storage, all sensitive information for users is securely encrypted for storage. If you feel that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g. if you believe that the security of an account with us has been compromised), you can contact us immediately at email@example.com notify you of the problem.
We process your personal data for the required minimum period for the purposes listed in this data protection declaration, unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to store the data for a longer period of time. We will determine the appropriate retention period based on the amount, origin and sensitivity of your personal information, and after the retention period has expired, we will destroy your personal information. If we are not able to do this for technical reasons, we will ensure that suitable measures are in place to prevent further use of your personal data.
We may update this privacy notice to reflect changes in our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (to the email address on your account) or by notifying you in the mobile applications before the change takes effect. We invite you to regularly check this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Beafon Mobile GmbH.